Translate

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Summer at Its Best: Love, Live, Run!



When I first met Amory over the phone back in 2005 I knew she was up for something special. I knew she really wanted to help me and others around the world. She wanted to make an impact. In 2006 when she started In the Arena and invited me to tag along I fell in love with her vision and the entire In The Arena ideals. 8 years later here she is playing around with our own ITA kids from Alamosa. Giving them a hand, hug, word of encouragement. She has been behind the scenes doing most of the work to keep ITA going. She has been the one that all this years has believed in me. Without ITA none of the many succesfull stories including my own would not happened. During Amory's time in Alamosa, she got to exprience firs hand the positive impact we are making in our community. She met with old, new, and future ITA generations. Thank you Amory for your vision and endless time and dedication to the organization. We love and appreciate you very much!


We are on our 5th week of our Run With ITA! Program. This year I decided to have more flexibility on our curiculum and let our kids help with the daily program. We meet  3 times a week for an hour to 2 hours depending on the activities. There is no dress code. We are in love with our L.L Bean Tote bag since is from there that we get our snacks. Every day we add something new. I enjoy when kids make suggestions like telling me what to bring for snacks. By the way, Thank you Immigrant Resource Center for funding the snacks. 


Crafting: On Tuesdays, our kids meet with Carmen Stevens and Jessie Rehems. Here our kids are so happy and ready to celebrate Father's Day. Summers were never that glittery, colorful and full of Love!


We are also so excited to have Laura Thompson take over former ITA Volunteer Roxanne Reimer's summer reading program. The advanced Read With ITA program was a great success las summer. Thank You Laura for leading our ITAers to interesting readings and conversational sessions this summer.

Here a special message from our ITAers!




No comments: